The county, state, and local municipality telephone numbers below are to be used for reporting road and signal emergencies only. 

For questions or complaints regarding garbage, trash, leaves, snow, water or related concerns, contact your local municipal government. Check the list of phone numbers by municipality.


County Roads and Signals  Phone number  Hours

For road maintenance emergencies, complaints or problems such as potholes, downed trees, catch basin or drainage problems, road sign damage and deer carcass removal.

County Roads by Municipality

(914) 995-4951



(914) 864-7700

Monday through Friday
from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.


All other hours, emergencies only, including weekends and holidays contact County Police.

For traffic signal emergencies or repairs, such as signals on flash, power outages, lamp failures, cycling problems and pedestrian control malfunctions.
List of County Signals

(914) 995-2555



(914) 864-7700

Monday through Friday
from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.


All other hours, including weekends and holidays  contact County Police.

Interstate Highways and State Parkways    
For Interstate I-87, I-95 and I-287 call the New York State Thruway Authority. (845) 918-2500  
For parkways including the Hutchinson River, Cross County, Saw Mill River, Taconic State, and Sprain Brook, as well as  I-684 and New York State roadways, call the New York State Department of Transportation. (914) 742-6100  
Local Roads and Signals    
For local roadways call the local municipality. Phone numbers by municipality  
For non-county signals where the signal cabinets are marked with W# call the New York State Department of Transportation.  (914) 742-6100  
For all other signals, call the local municipality.  Phone numbers by municipality