- Last Updated on Friday, 28 August 2015 16:55
As the Crane Road Bridge project gets closer to the finish line, the Southbound Bronx River Parkway will be closed on Saturday, Aug. 29 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Additional midday Northbound Bronx River Parkway closures will be scheduled as early as next week. Substantial completion should be achieved shortly, resulting in the restoration of the Bronx River Parkway to two lanes in each direction with all exits/entrances reopened within the project limits.
Southbound closures scheduled Saturday, Aug. 29, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- There will be no access to the southbound Bronx River Parkway at Exit 22 in White Plains, south of the County Center.
- All traffic will be detoured to Central Avenue, then south to the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- Entrances to the southbound parkway at Main Street and Fenimore Road will be closed.
- The southbound parkway will be open at Ardsley Road and all points south.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Numerous variable message signs are being used to alert motorists of the upcoming closures.
The project began in June 2012 and will be completed in the summer of 2015.
For additional information, contact Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at (914) 995-2555. Full details on this project are available at www.westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge.