- Last Updated on Monday, 08 June 2015 15:44
In order to complete some underground electrical cable pulls for the new street lights on Crane Road Bridge, the Northbound Bronx River Parkway will be closed on Thursday, June 11, from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. The details are as follows:
- There will be no access from the 6 lane portion of the NB Bronx River Parkway to the 4 lane portion of the NB Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue (NY 100) all the way to White Plains.
- NB BRP will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road) at all times.
- Entrances from Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive will be open.
- All NB traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway, reentering the NB BRP at Crane Road.
- The NB BRP will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Numerous variable message signs are being used to alert motorists of the upcoming closures.
The project began in June 2012 and will be completed in the summer of 2015.
For additional information, contact Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at (914) 995-2555. Full details on this project are available at www.westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge.